BRUNSWICK – The field for the 103rd Maine Amateur Championship is just a little closer to full, after 17 players advanced from the third qualifier today at Brunswick GC. Home club member Ryan Masse finished with a run of eagle-birdie-birdie on 16-18 to lead all scorers, posting the only red number of the day with a score of 71 (-1).
Craig Chapman (Fox Ridge GC) was next best on the day with a round of 73, followed by four players on 74. The cut for today’s qualifier fell at 77, with five players finishing on that number for the final four spots in the field at Webhannet next month in the Amateur. Four players made par on Brunswick’s first hole to advance from today’s event.
The fourth of five qualifiers will take place at Bangor Municipal GC on Thursday, June 16.
Advancing from today’s qualifier at Brunswick:
- Ryan Masse, 71 (Brunswick GC)
- Craig Chapman, 73 (Fox Ridge GC)
- William Robinson, 74 (Portland CC)
- Reese McFarlane, 74 (Purpoodock Club)
- Mark Stasium, 74 (Val Halla GC)
- Adam Lynch, 74 (Brunswick GC)
- Scott Spence, 75 (Falmouth CC)
- Mitchell Orser, 75 (Brunswick GC)
- Trevor Flanagan, 76 (Springbrook GC)
- Eddie Dickhaut, 76 (Falmouth CC)
- Cam Cox, 76 (Brunswick GC)
- Scott Stone, 76 (Val Halla GC)
- Curtis Jordan, 76 (Portland CC)
- TJ Folsom, 77* (Augusta CC)
- Michael Walp, 77* (Riverside GC)
- Scott Sirois, 77* (The Woodlands Club)
- Ethan Guerrette, 77* (Martindale CC)
*Advanced on 1st playoff hole